STEVEN H. MEYER, P.A. - Your Law Firm in Florida

Cruise Ship Injuries
Drug Class Actions
Hotel and Resort Injuries
powered by

My Blog

Bicycle Accidents are Common in Florida

Steven Meyer recently participated in the national meeting of the Bicycle Litigation Committee at the winter meeting of the American Association for Justice.  This committee is comprised of some of the most prominent lawyers in the country who handle cases involving bicycle riders who are injured or killed when hit by cars or trucks.

Bicyclists have the same right to use the roads as cars.  If there is no specially marked bicycle lane, bicyclists are supposed to use the traffic lanes.  Cars are required to give bicycle riders at least three feet of space when passing.

About 700 bicyclists are killed each year in the United States by cars or trucks.  Thousands more are injured after being hit by a car or truck.  Florida has the highest number of bike riders killed each year.

Although counties and cities have installed many dedicated lanes just for bicyclists, they are often inadequate.  Most bike lanes are on the far right side of the road.  When the driver of a car makes a right hand turn, he or she must look to see if a bicyclist is approaching his car on the right.  Other drivers make left hand turns in front of oncoming bicyclists.

Our office has handled many accidents involving bicycles struck by a car or truck.  We offer a free consultation.  If you've been injured while riding a bicycle, please give us a call.

10 Comments to Bicycle Accidents are Common in Florida:

Comments RSS
essaysorigin on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:53 AM
Because of posts like this I surf the internet and when I found you, the time I felt I was wasting, just turned my thoughts around and now I am thinking I invested my time in something really interesting.
Reply to comment

Jarasa on Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:23 PM
Bicyclists have the same right to utilize the streets as autos. In the event that there is no extraordinarily checked bike path, bicyclists should utilize the movement paths. Autos are required to give bike riders no less than three feet of space when passing. Thank you so much.
Reply to comment

coursework writers on Friday, June 17, 2016 12:13 AM
Florida and from my experience most car vs bicycle accidents are caused by inattentive drivers no matter what the age.
Reply to comment

Abbott on Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:41 AM
Government must take responsibility and implement new laws to control over these accidents issues. Hope they will control over it soon.
Reply to comment

Elina J on Saturday, October 08, 2016 12:49 AM
Yes. it is a common problem. Govt. we want to get rid of it.
Reply to comment

Artistic Resume Help Service on Monday, December 05, 2016 4:34 AM
Florida bicycle accidents involving children can be terrible. Children ride bicycles as a main mode of moving.
Reply to comment

Heriberto on Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:29 PM
Most bike lanes are on the far right side of the road. When the driver of a car makes a right hand turn, he or she must look to see if a bicyclist is approaching his car on the right. Other drivers make left hand turns in front of oncoming bicyclists.
Reply to comment

James Wildon on Friday, May 19, 2017 6:17 AM
I usually do this Bike Adventure with all my friends by this I have got some new information about it. Thanks for blogging.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 11:02 AM
Reply to comment

best essay uk on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 11:24 AM
There is a bicycle accidents which are basically known as the most common thing which is present in the florida.To make a secure part a head is known to be the best thing by which it will be the best knowing thing.
Reply to comment