STEVEN H. MEYER, P.A. - Your Law Firm in Florida

Drug Class Actions
Hotel and Resort Injuries
Television Appearances
powered by

My Blog

Older Florida Drivers Have More Auto Accidents While Turning Left

Older Drivers Are Most Likely to Have a Car Accident While Turning Left.

In 2010, the South Florida Sun Sentinel analyzed data from car accidents in the Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton and West Palm Beach areas.  The data showed that older drivers are most likely to have an auto accident while making a left hand turn.

Left-turn accidents can be very serious. A late left turn leaves a vehicle open to a t-bone accident. Oncoming traffic may be travelling at high speeds and serious injuries can result from these collisions.

In a recent Boynton Beach crash several people were injured and a passenger was killed after the driver of the car attempted to make a left turn and was hit by another car. The driver of the car was 73 years old. This was not an isolated accident.

In the Ft. Lauderdale area, there were 382 serious left-turn accidents in 2010 that invovled drivers over the age of 70.  Drivers over the age of 70 were also more likely than younger drivers to be seriously injured in these left-turn Florida auto accidents.

Why Are Older Drivers at a Higher Risk?

The paper attributes higher crash rates for older drivers to slower response times.  Often, the driver begins to make a left turn and misjudges the speed of the oncoming traffic.

The national Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has also found through its research that the most common mistake for older drivers is failure to yield the right of way.

What Can Be Done to Avoid These Crashes?

More traffic signals with designated left turn arrows may be one way to reduce these accidents.

Older drivers across Florida must be aware of the dangers.  While left turns cannot always be avoided, more caution is needed as reflexes slow with age.

Source: Sun Sentinel, "Older drivers more vulnerable when making left turns," Angel Streeter and Dana Williams, May 2, 2012.

23 Comments to Older Florida Drivers Have More Auto Accidents While Turning Left:

Comments RSS
Cheap pool service pompano beach on Friday, January 24, 2014 4:16 AM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post Older Florida Drivers Have More Auto Accidents While Turning Left.I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me.

Auto Marketing on Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:21 AM
Thank you very much for sharing this useful information. I was doing a project and for that I was looking for related information. Some of the points are very useful. Do share some more material if you have.

Auto Marketing on Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:21 AM

car accidents on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:26 AM
I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made in composing this post Older Florida Drivers Have More Auto Accidents While Turning Left.I am trusting the same best work from you later on as well.In reality your experimental writing capacities has roused me. Thanks!

jn j on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:02 AM
kj

Hafiz on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:07 AM
This article is very informative .i would like to thank you for sharing this useful information. I inspired from this article & i wish you will share more information .

Genny Dep on Monday, February 29, 2016 2:11 AM
I might need to thank you for the attempts you have made in making this post Older Florida Drivers Have More Auto Accidents While Turning Left. I believe the same best work from you later on as well. In reality your trial composing limits has stirred me. Thank you so much.

www.tomorrowsdrivers.ca on Saturday, December 24, 2016 1:25 AM
A late left turn leaves a vehicle open perfectly bone mishap. Approaching activity might go at high speeds and genuine wounds can come about because of these crashes.

abk on Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:46 AM
seogdgfdgs

dfgfdg on Friday, March 17, 2017 4:06 AM
dfgfdg

tntet exam results on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:56 AM
thanks for the information you shared with everyonee......

Luke Bannister on Monday, June 05, 2017 5:52 PM

Party Poison Leather Jacket on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:59 AM
I am so much excited after reading your nice blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful for me and any industry as well as for person.

loemrntdherid1 on Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:30 PM
Interesting topic what you have shared with us. Your writing skill is really very appreciative. I love when you share your views through the best articles.Keep sharing and posting articles like these.This article has helped me a lot.Keep posting this stuff.

313 on Monday, April 09, 2018 7:05 AM
6546

loemrntdherid1 on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 4:19 AM

cheap gucci for sale on Monday, December 24, 2018 8:39 AM
We can get information about exterior walls of pipes.

Civil law on Monday, January 07, 2019 8:44 AM
very nice very good Civil law Property law

Stem Cell Therapy on Monday, January 14, 2019 2:01 AM
we offer you non surgical treatments of arthritic or injured joints,Shoulder Pain & Tendinitis to get your health back by the help of autologous stem cells

Neck Pain Frankfort on Monday, January 14, 2019 2:29 AM
I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this info for my mission.

hildan on Saturday, January 19, 2019 4:21 AM
link 5 distributor plat high tensile sm490ya distributor plat kapal distributor plat stainless ss304 distributor plat stainless ss310 distributor plat stainless ss316 distributor plat sumihard distributor round bar besi aisi 440s45c distributor round bar scm440 distributor steel rail distributor steel sheet pile jual astm a283 c undangan pernikahan kalender Jual besi hollow Jual besi hollow Toko besi siku Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi H beam Agen Wiremesh Besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton master steel ms Supplier besi hollow Supplier besi hollow Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Toko besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Supplier Besi Beton Toko Wiremesh Besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton ksty Toko besi hollow Toko besi hollow Toko Plat besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh www.sentrabesibaja.com Jual Wiremesh Besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi hollow Agen besi hollow Toko besi h beam Toko besi wf baja undangan pernikahan amplop Pabrik Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Harga Wiremesh Besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton jcac Pabrik besi hollow Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi wf Toko besi unp undangan pernikahan batik Pabrik Bondek Cor Pabrik Wiremesh Besi baja Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton interworld steel is Distributor pipa besi Distributor pipa besi Toko wiremesh Toko besi siku undangan pernikahan murah Pabrik Atap Spandek Sni Distributor Besi Siku Baja

replica christian louboutin shoes on Friday, March 29, 2019 4:36 PM
gh

Kampala Escorts on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:50 PM
I'm glad to find such a great article like this. I would like to tell about our Escorts Service in Kampala. You can have fun for your entire life just by spending some quality time with Kampala Escorts.